Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crash issues

Ves

Crash issues

Simply put the Tracker crashes everytime I try to start a session. I can load and log-in just fine, but it ends up crashing everytime I try to start a session or even change something within the options. I have the .NET Framework 4.5 installed as suggested somewhere here on the forums. I also run Windows 8.1, is this a known issue with it?

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    The only issue I have heard of in 8.1 is a sound problem.

I know you said you have the .NET framework 4.5 installed, but have you tried running a repair-install of it? If one library is missing or became corrupted it can cause many problems with .NET apps.

Does it matter what option you change in the settings? Is it when you click it, or when you press Save?

Ves
    I suppose I can try a repair-install. To my knowledge 8.1 comes with the .NET framework 4.5, and when I downloaded it from MS and tried installing it, it said it was already installed so I didn't bother, and thus wouldn't let me re-install or repair. How could I go about with a repair-install of it?

Cancer Man
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Originally posted by Ves View Post
    I suppose I can try a repair-install. To my knowledge 8.1 comes with the .NET framework 4.5, and when I downloaded it from MS and tried installing it, it said it was already installed so I didn't bother, and thus wouldn't let me re-install or repair. How could I go about with a repair-install of it?
    Try running this: ​DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Ves
    I did that, and it still crashes give or take about ~5 seconds after I start a session.

Recursion Member
    I tried seeing if I could recreate your problem and ran the app in my 8.1 install... but it actually ran faster than on my windows 7 and without issue. :P

Let's try to narrow down what's causing your problem exactly. Go under options -> configure and select Debug Log. (If it crashes here the problem is still almost guaranteed to be a .NET issue)

Type in a player name and then go to Session -> Create Session and select a time range when events occurred. Then press create. Does this work?
    When you press start / resume session does the status change from Disconnected to Connected?
    Is starting the session the only time it crashes?

Please copy and paste the error the program gives you.

Then go under your installation directory, there should be three different log files. log.txt, programLog.txt, and apiLog.txt. Please e-mail those to tracker@recursion.tk
    If you can also attach a copy of your dxdiag that would be helpful. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...iagnostic-tool

Ves
    Everything worked fine and didn't crash until I pressed start and the status went from disconnected to connected. Anyways, I have sent the following logs to the corresponding e-mail.

Recursion Member
    Thanks for getting me that information. I am doing what I can to figure out why it might be crashing for you.

Ves
    No problem. Let me know if you need anything else.

baasik
    I'm having the exact same issue, even after taking the steps listed here. Will be monitoring this thread for future reports. thx devs, we appreciate your work