ZoranTheBear

Initial first impressions/problems.

Hey there guys. Awesome job you've done with this.

My first problem with the program is the size of the default graphics. Although I'm sure this might be filtered into the "wanted features" section. But I feel a better default graphic could be presented. As with it on I started getting a headache while watching myself play with it. And others playing with it on as well.

My second is no save function. This might be my own stupidity of not finding it. But I cannot seem to find a button to save all of my settings. As the position and my background graphics keeps reverting to default. Or I have to constantly reload it if I tweak something.

My third is that it's very taxing on the CPU. Or just taking up a lot of memory. I'll do more research when I have more time. But I went from 60 FPS on Ultra to 36-45 as soon as I turned on the overlay. So I'm unsure as to what's happening there.

Overall guys this tool is amazing. Keep up the fantastic work.

Cancer Man
    Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Thank you for your feedback! I have some questions about it.

Originally posted by ZoranTheBear View Post
    My first problem with the program is the size of the default graphics. Although I'm sure this might be filtered into the "wanted features" section. But I feel a better default graphic could be presented. As with it on I started getting a headache while watching myself play with it. And others playing with it on as well.
    Better default graphic for what exactly?

My second is no save function. This might be my own stupidity of not finding it. But I cannot seem to find a button to save all of my settings. As the position and my background graphics keeps reverting to default. Or I have to constantly reload it if I tweak something.
    What specifically are you tweaking you would like to be saved, that is not being saved? It is likely we don't have an option to save it at the moment.

My third is that it's very taxing on the CPU. Or just taking up a lot of memory. I'll do more research when I have more time. But I went from 60 FPS on Ultra to 36-45 as soon as I turned on the overlay. So I'm unsure as to what's happening there.

Overall guys this tool is amazing. Keep up the fantastic work.
    Is it possible for you to have task manager open to monitor the usages of the process? To be clear, you're streaming with OBS with 60 FPS in game, then the in game drops to 36-45, or is this a drop in OBS?

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    Hi Zoran,

Thank you for the kind words and feedback.

I wrote most of the client application and all overlay functionality. I know there’s not much documentation on some of the more advanced features /restrictions of the overlay and that’s something I am working on.

When you right click on the overlay you should be presented with multiple options. Making a change to item visibility should save as soon as the change is made. When you select edit, the mode switches to a full screen preview so you can position elements with reference to the game screen.

All drag and drop position changes made in edit will save only when you press edit again leaving edit mode.

Loading in a custom overlay image through the right click options or setting it to visible is meant to be for reference only and should not be set to visible when streaming.
    Changing the achievement background / visibility is meant for when you stream.

The custom images you load in should save. However if you simply edit the files saved in the installation directory, they will be overwritten on program updates.

I hope that helps. But I would like to talk to you in more detail especially in regards to the frame rate issues you say you are experiencing.

My e-mail is silencer@recursion.tk

Thank you.

ZoranTheBear
    Originally posted by Silencer View Post
    Hi Zoran,

Thank you for the kind words and feedback.

I wrote most of the client application and all overlay functionality. I know there’s not much documentation on some of the more advanced features /restrictions of the overlay and that’s something I am working on.

When you right click on the overlay you should be presented with multiple options. Making a change to item visibility should save as soon as the change is made. When you select edit, the mode switches to a full screen preview so you can position elements with reference to the game screen.

All drag and drop position changes made in edit will save only when you press edit again leaving edit mode.

Loading in a custom overlay image through the right click options or setting it to visible is meant to be for reference only and should not be set to visible when streaming.
    Changing the achievement background / visibility is meant for when you stream.

The custom images you load in should save. However if you simply edit the files saved in the installation directory, they will be overwritten on program updates.

I hope that helps. But I would like to talk to you in more detail especially in regards to the frame rate issues you say you are experiencing.

My e-mail is silencer@recursion.tk

Thank you.
    Sorry for the late reply.

Sent you an email.

Recursion Member
    Thread migrated.