Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member

Update 0.9 -DirectX Overlay and New Achievements-

In-Game Overlay

We are excited to announce that we now have a basic in-game version of the overlay available. Achievements and kill-streaks will now show up in the game through DirectX! We'll be making a ton of improvements and adding a lot more to this in the future.

A hotkey (defaults to tilde ~) is used for displaying a stats screen similar to pressing Tab for scores. If you use tilde for something else, make sure you remap it if you plan to use the overlay by going to Tools -> Options -> Configure -> Stats Hot Key.

Name:  overlay2.png
Views: 3048
Size:  1.07 MB

Requirements
    1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 / x64 Runtime is required depending on which PS2 client you use. This will automatically be installed upon activating the D3D overlay.
    2. It is recommended you have RTST open and be logged in prior to starting PlanetSide 2. An achievement message will show up in PlanetSide 2 when a connection is first established.
    3. Both RTST and PS2 should run on same account level. If one is running as administrator the other must be too.

SOE Reviewed
    This process works similar to how Mumble does. We've been working with SOE on making sure we do this right. They have taken a look at it and have given us permission to release it publicly (thanks Higby).

Cumulative Patch Notes

-New Features-
    An in-game overlay through DirectX is now available for viewing achievements and killstreaks along with a stats display via hotkey.
    Use the streaming overlay menu to adjust the in-game positions or disable certain elements.
    A hotkey for the stats display can be set through options. The default is tilde ~
    Added many new achievement icons and descriptions.
    Added audible indicator when the monitored player comes online or offline.

-New Achievements-

Road Kills are back and will no longer be rewarded when a vehicle is destroyed killing nearby enemies.
    Air to Air kills are now tracked with progressing rewards (4 total). These are the old ESF achievements. Non air to air ESF achievements have been merged with the old liberator achievements which are now Air 2 Ground rewards.
    Decimation achievement has been updated to be more accurate.
    Achievement Pizza Delivery added when killing a manned vehicle with a tank mine.
    Achievement Fly swatter added when killing a manned ESF with a tank main weapon (not sky guard).
    Achievement Iced added when killing a number of players with an ice weapon.
    Achievement He's on Fire added when killing a number of players with a fire work.
    Achievement Care Bear Stare added when killing a number of players with the Lancer (we could not help it).
    Negative Achievement Nice things added when suiciding a gal or sundy that has a bunch of allies inside (slaughtering them).
    Achievement Shoot the Needle added when killing a drop pod.
    Achievement Kamikaze added when ramming a hostile to death with an ESF, killing yourself in the process.
    Achievement First Blood added and awarded if you kill a player within one minute of you coming online.
    Monitors players that go offline within 10 seconds of killing them, and awards the Rage Quit achievement when they do.
    Awards Submission achievement if someone Rage Quits after you have killed them at least 3 times.
    Killing occupied vehicles with a rocket launcher no longer counts toward Rocket Primary.

-Bug Fixes-
    Added better handling to joining threads to prevent possible lockups.
    Fixed a potential crash issue when killing N/A players on your own team. (Welcome to PlanetSide, right?)
    The streaming overlay will display duplicate achievements in succession once again.
    Fixed a long outstanding memory leak with the Streaming Overlay when switching to and from editing mode.
    Last edited by Silencer; 05-01-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Cancer Man
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    This is currently published as a beta release right now (you will only get it if you've opted in in options for the beta release). Please provide your feedback in this thread (especially any bugs you see).

While this is a usable overlay that is quite nice to have to show achievemet pop ups and kill streak counters (as well as essential in-game stats for those players that only have one monitor), this is essentially a tech demo that we really need tested properly so we can ensure it's ready for main stream release and further development (features).
    Last edited by Exploding Fist; 03-30-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Recursion Member
    I got asked about using this in-game in a tell a few weeks ago. I sadly told them no as it was currently impossible, but this is f'ing cool. Thanks!
    Last edited by menime42; 03-25-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Recursion Member
    For those that don't know (just figured this out), to enable beta participation open your the real time stat tracker > tools > options > configure and under program click the "beta participation" box. Then close the real time stat tracker, open it again, and it should prompt you with an update.

Looking forward to testing this. Good shit guys this is fucking epic i fucking love you shananana.

Silencer that animated gif in your avatar freaks me out.

Cancer Man
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinist View Post
    Silencer that animated gif in your avatar freaks me out.
    You can blame me for that.

Recursion Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
    You can blame me for that.
    Fixed

Recursion Member
    Any way to disable the sounds you get when logging into or out of a character in game without disabling the voice overs? I just find the little bleeping noises a bit harsh on the ears.

Cancer Man
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceryx View Post
    Any way to disable the sounds you get when logging into or out of a character in game without disabling the voice overs? I just find the little bleeping noises a bit harsh on the ears.
    Not yet specifically, but I suppose that might be a reasonable request for someone that logged in and out 25 times to get "first blood"
    Last edited by Exploding Fist; 03-25-2014 at 11:13 PM.

Recursion Member
    Yes you can by disabling System Sounds. But that will disable Session Started, Ended, and vocal Update notifications.