Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Cancer Man
    Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadows120 View Post
    I cant figure out how to get the new ingame overlay working. I enable the ingame overlay, enter my character name and hit start. Then I start planetside 2, log in and it's still not there. Am I doing something wrong?
    That sounds like you're doing it right. Are you running the tracker with Administrative rights?

Ok... I guess I forgot to do that :P It works now! Thanks!

its still not working for me. do i have to open PS2 as an administrator as well?

like i get the login sounds. but no actual visuals

Cancer Man
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief1962TR View Post
    like i get the login sounds. but no actual visuals
    So you're starting the recursion client first as administrator, then the PS2 client, and you're not seeing an overlay?

To answer your question, my guess is yes. We have administrative access so we only ran into the admin issue when we gave it out last night. If you can try some different scenarios for troubleshooting that'd be helpful, but go with the assumption that administrative rights is required. Once we understand the requirements we should hopefully be able to code logic in to check for it.

Shokushu Goukan MASTER
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
    Someone else reported the same issue. If you can figure out anything that happened at the same time that could have potentially caused it, we'd love to know.
    I'll see what I can do. Glad to see the improvements to the tracker; have to keep a mental note to start it whenever I play though. :P

Seems pretty smooth, for recording purposes, does the overlay pipe out through the same window as PS2. For instance, in open broadcaster, if we have ps2.exe set for game capture, will it grab the overlay?

Recursion Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygiis View Post
    Seems pretty smooth, for recording purposes, does the overlay pipe out through the same window as PS2. For instance, in open broadcaster, if we have ps2.exe set for game capture, will it grab the overlay?
    Technically, yes. More accurately it uses the same D3D device PS2 is using. Unfortunately more than likely OBS will perform a similar hook that we are and intercept the DirectX calls prior it to reaching the tracker. Meaning you will see the overlay, but your viewers won't unless you run in Windowed / Full-Screen windowed.

This is what the streaming overlay is for. You can always configure the streaming overlay to only display achievements/killstreaks as well if you want it to match the in-game version.

Recursion Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief1962TR View Post
    its still not working for me. do i have to open PS2 as an administrator as well?
    This seemed to fix the issues I was having getting it to run. I was running PS2 through steam and having no luck and crashing much more than usual. The simple solution is to run the game from outside of steam and run it as administrator. That seems to have taken care of the problem. I would give that a shot

EDIT: So this didn't actually work as I thought and caused problems with the mumble overlay. Currently not running the overlay to get things working
    Last edited by Indig; 03-27-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Recursion Member
    Try running mumble as admin along with ps2 and rtst. Or run all not as admin.