Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    Wow they completely rolled back... working on a fix now.

Recursion Member
    Place these DLLs into the Real Time Stat Tracker installation directory. This will fix the Windows 8 x86 issue.

I also adjusted the 0.9.1.1 installer to include them now for new downloads.
    I'm going to see if I can adjust main client to auto detect the actual running PS2 architecture before releasing a 0.9.1.2 update.
    Last edited by Silencer; 04-06-2014 at 01:19 AM.

Installed the External Libraries.zip and am running the RTST in x86 mode due to the roll back but am now back to CTD when starting the game

Recursion Member
    Try reinstalling https://tracker.recursion.tk/files/RTST0911.msi

I tested this on my 8.1 install without issue running the 32 bit PS2 client.

Is anyone else still having a problem for Windows 8 while running RTST in x86 mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Try reinstalling https://tracker.recursion.tk/files/RTST0911.msi

I tested this on my 8.1 install without issue running the 32 bit PS2 client.

Is anyone else still having a problem for Windows 8 while running RTST in x86 mode?
    So I did re-install and it did not fix the issue.

1. If I have Auto version active, then RTST starts fine, but no Visual ingame overlay.
    2. If I have x86 version active, then RTST gives me logo after I press play, but it will CTD my PS2 around 41% load.
    3. If I turn Overlay off (overlays menu and options), then RTST starts fine, no visual part ofc, but audio/voice part works fine.

So seems fix is close, but not there.

Recursion Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seff View Post
    So I did re-install and it did not fix the issue.

1. If I have Auto version active, then RTST starts fine, but no Visual ingame overlay.
    2. If I have x86 version active, then RTST gives me logo after I press play, but it will CTD my PS2 around 41% load.
    3. If I turn Overlay off (overlays menu and options), then RTST starts fine, no visual part ofc, but audio/voice part works fine.

So seems fix is close, but not there.
    Windows 8 can handle dx9 calls differently between x86 and x64. When we fixed Windows 8 64 bit crashing it inadvertently broke the 32 bit version. I stayed up pretty late last night revamping the entire hook process even further to be more robust across all platforms. It's not done yet, but when it is it will be a much nicer experience for everyone-- Windows 8 included.

For now you can roll back to https://tracker.recursion.tk/files/RTST0910.msi which should work, or even further back https://tracker.recursion.tk/files/RTST0902.msi (this version requires an uninstall of the current one)

As soon as the new version is finished you will be able to update it through the normal process.

And again, thank you everyone for your feedback and support.

Recursion Member
    0.9.1.2 is out which should resolve Windows 8 issues for the 32 bit client.

I have been following this thread closely and I have followed all of the advice given. I recently updated to 0.9.1.2 and I am still having the same issue. I am running normal Windows 8 64 bit.

I am running no other overlays.

Here is my log.txt

2014-04-05 15:15:25,755 [1] INFO ????©??u - Program starting
    2014-04-06 07:43:13,375 [1] INFO ???????? - Program starting
    2014-04-06 08:44:41,708 [13] ERROR ???????? - Thread was being aborted.
    System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
    at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
    at System.Threading.Thread.Abort()
    at (Object )
    at ????????.????????(Object )
    at RealTimeStatTracker.NamedPipe.Quit()
    at RealTimeStatTracker.NamedPipe.Restart()
    at RealTimeStatTracker.NamedPipe.ShowMenu(PipeMessage[] message, Bitmap[] bitmaps)
    at RealTimeStatTracker.NamedPipe.InitializeScoreWindo w()
    at RealTimeStatTracker.NamedPipe.AcceptConnection()
    2014-04-06 08:47:24,467 [1] INFO ???????? - Program quitting
    2014-04-06 08:47:44,101 [1] INFO ???????? - Program starting
    2014-04-06 08:52:12,642 [1] INFO ???????? - Program quitting

Still crashing with new update, was able to get into game and play for a min but then crashed. And back to mostly crashing trying to get back into game.

Recursion Member
    Can you try starting PS2 first, then launching RTST to see if that changes it at all? We have a couple of different methods for installing the overlay now including support for when PS2 is already running.

Edit:
    Ok, there are definitely still issues. I updated our known issues segment with Windows 8 problems. I think I have the problem narrowed down and in my dev environment I made a change which improved overall framerate for Windows 8, but crashing can still occur. I'm going to take some more time to solve this.
    Last edited by Silencer; 04-06-2014 at 03:22 PM.