Thread: Beta changelogs

Cool Beta changelogs

Hi folks!

Just downloaded the latest beta update 11.0.8 and after plenty of searching I figured that there aren't any (public) available change logs to beta updates.
    Is there any chance we could get those? I know it's quite a hassle to do this on beta changes but I (and I hope some other people too) would appreciate it

Thanks for reading, keep up the good job!

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    I was just updating our internal release information and was thinking about the public notes. The majority of the release information is still under https://recursion.tk/showthread.php?...-Now-Available
    Patches that came out afterward, up until today, were mostly minor bug fixes.

We still need to sort out some aspects and organization to how we version the software since everything is modular now. The version number in the bottom left is our main client's version. But that's not the same as our PlanetSide 2 Mod since they can be updated independently of one another. Also if you didn't know, to get on a beta for a specific mod, you have to go under mod options and subscribe for that mod.

The 'News' page will eventually link to dynamic content which will have any official release notes.
    And an eventual goal is to have patch notes available for the mod author to fill out for each mod, viewable from the mod screen.
    This is up to Exploding Fist to do either of these before I can show it in the client. Make sure to PM him with threatening messages to hurry him along.

4/23/16 Release
    0.11.0.8 just went out to beta last night, and after a couple of builds of it today, it is also in production. This was originally supposed to be part of a larger update down the road, but there ended up being a few improvements which needed to make it out sooner.

A number of the other changes being made are to prep for future additions / don't affect users right now, which is another reason I haven't been displaying them, but I do enjoy writing them and am glad to find someone reads them! So I'll try to put them on the forums for now.

0.11.0.8 Changelog
    • New updater which has a UI and improved logic for issues installing any files during an update. The UI only shows itself on a problem, so hopefully you never see it.
    • Updated dx libraries with some fixes. The new updater makes updating these files easier now yay!
      • More than one panel per component should save its position coordinates properly now.
      • Impact debug display should no longer show random characters at the end.
      • Fixed a possible crash if the graphics display reset.
    • Min, max, and close buttons are now handled on the base form. Some additional client windows may now have these. Awesome right?
    • Update notifications don't start tracking time until a full notification is presented once. Previously not all logic checks guaranteed a message would show prior to counting.
    • Script variables are initialized correctly to their starting variable if no other initialization is performed.
    • Trigger event threadpool performance improved.
    • Primitive type handling for ScriptVariables have been drastically simplified and improved (This is a big one, but again affects really won't be seen by the user, except for some possibly smaller file sizes.)
    • Font can now be set as an exposed global script variable. (Again, won't be seen until someone makes use of it aka Ashley exposes font in a component)
    • Added SoundPath variable and exposed it along with options UI. (See above.)
    • Simultaneous file downloads limited to one instead of three. There was a rare race condition which would prevent the client from auto installing updates after they downloaded. Simultaneous downloads will be increased again in the future with a proper fix.

Thank you :P

Found a bug, brb recording..

Bug: I can't subscribe to the "Planetside 2 Mod" Beta

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz_C...ature=youtu.be

(Restarting the client did not fix the problem btw)
    Last edited by StriKejk; 04-24-2016 at 06:35 AM.

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    Thanks for reporting that. I blame fist again. Fiiist!!!

There isn't any divergence in PS2 right now at least, so the beta branch is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    I blame fist again. Fiiist!!!
    My imagination..
    Attached Images Attached Images