Unable to install - folder path contains invalid characters

As stated in the title, I'm unable to install rtst. The error message presented is 'The folder path "Program Files" contains an invalid character'. The issue occurs as soon as I start the installer.

Details: win7 x64. OS on SSD. I previously had recursion installed on a HDD, but that has since crashed and I have installed a new HDD.
    After some google-fu, it seems this could be caused by an existing registry entry for rtst. Thus, I located and removed the existing registry entry and am still presented with the error. I realized I might have screwed up and it may have fixed the problem by simply altering the registry file. In what way, I'm not sure.

Additional info: I switch OS locale from English to Japanese on a weekly basis. Attempts to install and removal of the registry entry were conducted in English locale.

Thanks for any help or suggestions provided, I'm willing to try them all.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1626
Size:  44.9 KB
    Last edited by qezwt; 06-18-2016 at 10:00 AM. Reason: adding additional information

Recursion Member
    Have you tried installing in Japanese maybe? If your program files path has a Japanese character or something of the sort that may be an issue? Sounds like an annoying Windows bug either way.

Also try installing somewhere other than the program files folder.