Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Overlay not working

My rtst overlay is not working. The program is capable of live tracking, and the voicepack works when triggered by whatever event (killstreak, headshot, etc.), but none of the overlay components function.

I've tried literally every combination of the following options:

(auto/x86/x64)
    Debug desplay
    Launcher Console
    Legacy Hooks
    Beta Participation

And still nada.

It worked in the past, so I'm thinking it might be a graphics driver or system update? Unfortunately I can't recall specifically when it stopped working.

Any help or troubleshooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I haven't tried is trying to use an older graphics driver. Would this be worth it? I apologize in advance for my lack of computer savvy.

Recursion Member
    Which overlays are you using?

I'm using the default that the dev team has and it doesn't work so that must be the one he is using.
    ~ Djfrostbyte ~

Recursion Member
    Have you tried launching RTST in admin mode before launching Planetside 2 (also in admin mode)?

Yes, I have but their is times where it doesn't even come up at all.
    ~ Djfrostbyte ~

Are you running other overlays?

No, I'm only running default. That's it
    ~ Djfrostbyte ~

Ohh ok.

I had some issues with the overlay at one point where I was sometimes loading ts3 or overwolf overlays. After disabling those overlays or not running the programs RTST overlay worked again.

I also just just had an issue today with obs and amd vce. I had changed PS2 to fullscreen and I had to return to windowed full screen to get the overlay to show with obs running amd Vce.

The thing is that it doesn't want to come up at all from time to time which its annoying. Because ExplodingFist just help me the other day with my RTST not connecting so now their is more "notice-able" bugs.
    ~ Djfrostbyte ~

Is it possible there is a keybind conflict with another program by chance? I don't remember the RTST keybinds but you can find them in the options. I'm on my phone right now or I would go look.

Another thing that came to mind is setting launchpad and RTST to run as admin. I could have swore I've seen a post or two about issues with RTST overlay and not being run as admin. I think they were on Reddit, but I'm not sure.