Threaded View

Recursion causes games to freeze when making any keyboard or mouse input

So.. I spent some frustrating hours yesterday trying to figure out why the hell all my steam games would freeze when ever I made any keyboard/mouse input.

It took me ages to isolate the issue and for a long time i thought battle eye was causing it. If I launched the game without battle eye, everything was smooth as butter. This was strange though as I while I cleaned all my old battle eye folders from every game I have installed, I found one in Planetside as well. And planetside runs smooth.

So I've updated all drivers, completely scanned my entire PC of malware with two anti-virus programs. NOD32 and Malwarebytes. I cleaned my registry with ccleaner. I reinstalled drivers. Defaulted all settings. Nothing was working.

My wife's pc with the exact same specs had no issues, so I knew it was most likely software related.

Then I stumble upon a year old thread and a guy with the exact same issues mentions "Recursion".
    I exit recursion, load up ARK -- and what do you know.. It's smooth as butter again..

So recursion can cause serious issues with other games, disable it if you have any issues.

Edit: the issue was not isolated to Ark either, Conan Exiles (steam as well) also froze.

Is it possible to ad a simple warning message when installing recursion that it may cause issues with other games? - Or is there one already, idk..
    Last edited by Irathi; 04-27-2018 at 09:30 AM.