Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recursion overlays not working with new Planetside 2 DX11 update

After the new Planetside 2 DX11 update that went out today, the Recursion overlay no longer is working for me. It does recognize when my players join the game and I can hear the audio from kills, but can not see the overlays, even after cycling the Shift-F12 key.

Anyone else see this or is there a fix in the works?

Cancer Man
    Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Nothing is in the works at this time as it would be a complete rewrite of the overlay/UI code for DX11. Consider the overlay non-operational as of this update. This may change at some point in the future, but it is not being worked on at this time.

Edit: See next page of thread.
    Last edited by Exploding Fist; 04-29-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Ah that's rough.
    Do you have any recommendations for another way to get a nice red dot in the middle of my screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
    Nothing is in the works at this time as it would be a complete rewrite of the overlay/UI code for DX11. Consider the overlay non-operational as of this update. This may change at some point in the future, but it is not being worked on at this time.
    It's completely understandable that this would be shelved. If it's for a game you no longer play, why would you continue to develop it? That makes sense.

Is there any possibility of getting it open-sourced to github? If not, that's understandable too. It just means starting from scratch with no template to work from.

I do want to say thank you for creating the RTST in the first place. It was great while it lasted.

D-Gen

Cancer Man
    Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    It isn't that we no longer play, nor is the Stat Tracker itself going away. We simply don't have the time to completely rewrite the code to integrate with PS2 to generate the overlay in DX11 at this point. We've done quite a few fixes over the past few years where required, but this isn't a small 'fix'. If it was open sourced, is this something you would be willing to work on? If there is a developer that has the experience to do this integration that has the free time and motivation to do such a project, then we might be open to providing them with access to our code repo and working with them to get this working again.

I wish this was a simple fix and I personally will miss having it as well. Between having DX9 with the overlay and having DX11 without the overlay, I'd choose the latter. That said, both would be nice.
    Last edited by Exploding Fist; 04-26-2019 at 10:39 AM.

My Kung-Fu is weak. Very weak; so I'm going to have to do a lot of learning. I'm sure there are people out there who could "easily" beat me to the punch. Hopefully, they will.

That said, this is just the type of project I've needed: something I want to code. The only reason I was asking about open-sourcing was because it would be very helpful to have an example to learn from, but I would never ask for or expect any special access. Leave that to someone who already knows what they're doing.

Thanks again,
    D-Gen

I'd love to see the source code too. What's the harm in open-sourcing it?

If you wanna pop it up on github or something my cousin and I will certainly have a look at it. I’ve had to find another cross hair overlay in the mean time. But it’s got nothing on the stat trackers overlays.

I am a mildly experienced programmer from Australia who would like to help update the recursion code if wanted, I don't have a ton of experience with visual studio and c# (I am guessing that the language is c# as i remember seeing visual studio mentioned in a mod creation guide I cannot find now) but I have learned several languages and have a ton of spare time on my hands as I only work 15 hours a week currently as a trainee.

i'm a C# programmer, and i have some exp with winform, VS, webform, .net core. i'd love to help if need.