Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Achievement vocals delayed

When ever I get an achievement the message may be delayed by 1-2 seconds, however the vocals for the same achievements occur about a 30-120 seconds later (time varies). Quite frustrating, does anyone have any solutions?

I downloaded Recursion about 4 days ago, running the beta updates and is up to date.
    Windows 8.1 64-bit
    RTST 0.9.2.4

Cancer Man
    Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    You're saying you see the achievement icon/text appear, but then it takes 30-120 seconds to hear the vocal for it with no sounds playing in between?

Yes I see the icon/text (with slight delay) and the sound from the game, but only the voice for the achievement is delayed
    Last edited by hectic269; 06-09-2014 at 05:59 AM.

Recursion Member
    Have you tried updating your sound drivers?

I have just checked they are up to date

Recursion Member
    Also if you go under tools options configure and press the big button next the volume bar does a sound play right away?

First time there was a 1-2 second delay then it played instantly after.

Cancer Man
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Looks like it's time to put on the latex.

First, thanks for reporting this. Second, can you provide us your direct x diagnostics? Run 'dxdiag', click 'Run 64-bit DxDiag', and then save all information to a file. If you could either attach it here, or send it to tracker@recursion.tk, that would help us get more data to hopefully start troubleshooting this. Thanks.

Recursion Member
    Hmm.. .net 4.5 is included with 8.1, but you may want to see if you can do a repair install. I don't think that's it but could be worth a shot. When you checked your sound drivers did you go through windows or the manufacturer of the sound card? If not the manufacturer please do so.

Finally, if you could run a dxdiag report and either paste it here or pm me I'll look over it tonight and our logs to see what else could cause it.

Edit: fist was faster!

I have e-mailed it to tracker@recursion.tk and to check the sound drives I went to device manager and checked for updates on there. Can't send via PM (due to character limit) and don't really want to post all off it here.