Recursion not finding my headset

I'll give you the details you ask for first

RTST:0.9.2.5 (I think, the download says RTST0925 so I'm assuming that's the version)

Now let's get down to business. The problem I'm having is that the tracker isn't recognizing my headset (Plantronics 780), the only device it lists is default and I believe that's causing this error message to come up "BadDeviceId calling waveOutOpen"

All of my drivers are up to date, so I honestly have no idea what could be causing this.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I got the overlay working, just no sound.
    Last edited by Ualati; 07-05-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    Does Windows list the sound device correctly? Try choosing set as default sound device from within Windows and see if the tracker recognizes it after.

I've already tried this as I had a similar problem with PS2 and Steam a couple of months back, everything is set as default for the headset in Windows.

Recursion Member
    Our program works by reading Windows sound devices which support wave out playback. For now the only thing you can try is the combination of which you start our program, either after plugging in the headphones or before. Which I'm guessing you have already tried.

What I can see about doing is implementing a direct sound solution. This will take some time, but will give users another option in case wave out fails. Hopefully your headset will like that better.

Recursion Member
    just a sample that 780's do work. could be driver issue? Im bad at technical issues. Just showing that they work!
    Driver version: 7.0.8.2157

Name:  780.JPG
Views: 757
Size:  43.4 KB
    Last edited by menime42; 07-06-2014 at 02:31 PM.

I'm running 7.0.8.2163, may have to see if a rollback fixes this problem

I know its a bit old, but could you fix the problem?

I have a similar prob. I can choose the plantronics, but when i like to test it, it shows up "UnspecifiedError calling waveOutOpen".
    Anyone an idea?
    Name:  error.PNG
Views: 637
Size:  92.5 KB

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit.

Thanks!

Recursion Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsterchef View Post
    I know its a bit old, but could you fix the problem?

I have a similar prob. I can choose the plantronics, but when i like to test it, it shows up "UnspecifiedError calling waveOutOpen".
    Anyone an idea?
    Name:  error.PNG
Views: 637
Size:  92.5 KB

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit.

Thanks!
    What's your username? I want to give you beta 10 access. There are some improvements to waveout, but we also included a direct sound option which may work for you.