Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no longer works

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    We have asked multiple times to get much of this data as part of the socket payload so we don't have to query it. That would allow offline mode to go away all together. (And please remember, we created offline mode in a few hours originally when the Census API went down for a day.) I was hoping the Census API had stabilized to a point where offline mode was no longer necessary, but I guess this shows we should still provide an UI option.

Are you on Beta 10? We haven't tested offline mode with Beta 10 yet and I am interested in the results.

Edit: It may be that the query data is available, but the websocket service is down-- which is really bad, but explains why offline mode wasn't registering. I can start a session myself which pulls data fine.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...login_servers/
    Last edited by Silencer; 02-21-2015 at 04:49 PM.

well, its on and off ongoing issue. wish there was a better way than currently as what you mentioned.

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itechen View Post
    well, its on and off ongoing issue. wish there was a better way than currently as what you mentioned.
    Our release version will have an option to force offline mode. Note that if the socket connection goes down it won't matter.