Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Community Manager
    Recursion Council
    Recursion Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Talron View Post
    First of all, gg to all 00 involved in tonight's match.

We had a blast, well played and good luck to you guys in the playoffs.

As to the practice we "intruded" on the 13th. It was literally 5 minutes until your practice time was up that we practiced on the base. We did not go anywhere near the base and practiced on our own in a different part of the map that had no interference on your scrim.

Ghost informed me that you guys had spent 45 minutes back capping so you could have adjacency towards the base? I can understand the frustration of trying to scrim but in no way besides yell chat to did TXR interfere in your affairs.

As for the one person from TXR who did instigate on rude comments he was kicked from teamspeak and banned for the remainder of competitive play.

Please Sayl get off your high horse and stop being dramatic. There was no need to send an email to Tav and no reason to low blow us after a failed merge with Forsosh from OP4. You want to show class and be respectful? Start leading by example.

Mags came on here to settle the peace and show you guys respect which in turn you low blowing TXR on farmer's league and everything else was just stupid and immature.

Again, good luck to you guys in the playoffs.

I will be rooting for a few key members of you're outfit who have my respect and they already know who they are.

Cheers.
    There are a few false statements here, first off you intruded on approximately 30 minutes of our practice (which is half of a reservation), secondly Ghost must have been mistaken because we never capped the bases Tav logged on and flipped them which he himself can confirm. Thirdly TxR was very much not at another base as this screenshot at the time in question confirms

There are other reasons why we declined TxR's invitation if you do not recall our first ever "scrim" was with TxR in which your guys were both late and ill prepared, there are other reasons besides this incident why we have no interest in engaging with scrims with TxR, some others in which mags touched on.

I'm sorry that you view my statement of fact as a "low blow", it is to me a clear pattern from engaging with TxR that it would not be gainful for our outfit, so we will respectfully decline. As the person in charge of our scrim team this is my call to make. As for "leading by example" I think Recursion has made a great example of itself we are always prepared, we are never late, and we have hit the ground running in the tournament despite having less experience than most of the other outfits in the league. We have also improved our relationship with the competitive community, we appreciate your and mags apology about the particular incident, we have till mags post moved on from this and I hope TxR will as well. We thank you for your support of our team, especially from a fellow Connery outfit if you would like to speak to me privately about some of things in which you have stated about me, I would be open to address them in private messages.
    Last edited by Sayl; 11-19-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
    We appreciate your partially sincere response.
    Nothing partial about it man. Any joking on my part is intended to convey only that I'm being completely humble, rather than trying to communicate that I don't respect the sincerity of your position.

Good fucking lord Sayl. I'm starting to wonder if we're going to need to hire a lawyer to handle the impending lawsuit. Is there a formal duel in the future? Should I be brushing up on my sword play? Pistols? Dawn is a bit early for me; I've never been a morning person.

Listen man, I'm not one of those trolls that try to say 'lol it's just a game' when another player gets upset, but I'm coming really close to feeling the need to say it here for the sake of propriety. I've been making a lot of false assumptions lately, and I'm starting to wonder if we're on the same page as far as what the purpose of all of this is.

As someone who makes statements like:
    having mid season roster changes was hurtful to the tournament as a whole;
    and:
    that exception had to be made for TxR does not inspire confidence in your ability to thrive in this setting.
    you seem to be taking yourself awfully seriously. Those statements are literally what convinced me I was being trolled by your first reply. I really only encounter irony that obvious in fiction or in jest. Not to imply that I'm making any sort of judgement here. God knows I've said my share of ridiculous things out of total sincerity. That's mostly why I stick to joking around these days. If I start at ridiculous...well, no where to go but up, right?

I do apologize for wasting your time, both recently and (apparently) in the past. I think I'm starting to realize I have profoundly misunderstood the nature of our relationship. I feel like I just popped out of my rabbit hole to realize I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. I'm going to try to slowly slip out the exit and find my way back to the game-playing side of the internet.

Best of luck to you guys in the future. When you guys make it to the pros, I'm sure I'll wear your merchandise, but I'll be less enthusiastic about it than I would have been otherwise.
    Last edited by Magnifiscent; 11-19-2014 at 10:32 AM.