DBG are the equivalent of a chicken with its head cut off. The majority of the IP (intellectual property) has pretty much left the studio. Typically, when a software company publish an API, they provide some kind of SDK (software development kit) or integration standards that help developers actually leverage the API.

The documentation that I'm aware of is incredibly dated. I think what we're seeing here is updates are being made to the game with very little understanding of the impacts to the API (IP walking out the door). Considering 3rd party products that depend on that API are tertiary at best from a priority standpoint, I don't see this getting fixed any time soon.

Once DBG either resolve the mismatch they've introduced in the API or provide updated documentation for folks like Recursion to modify their code or config, this is going to persist.

I would recommend everyone just open a ticket in the DBG support portal and complain about it. The more squeaky the wheel, the quicker it'll get oiled .