Threaded View

Beta 10 Feedback - 0.10.2.2 Modder's perspective

This has been my experience with the beta 10 so far. It's has been, for the most part, from the perspective of a VPK modder.

- When modding a voice pack, the UI doesn't do a very good job of showing me where to click to edit the call outs. Took me a couple of minutes to figure it out. The buttons that open the window to change the sound file are very easy to miss. You have to click on the not-very-obvious text to even display the small buttons that also don't really tell you much of what they do.

- It would save me a world of a headache if we could sort the list of achievements alphabetically. Seriously, when modding a voice pack, 60% of my time is spent trying to find single achievements on the list. I know currently it's sorted by priority, but other sorting options for the achievement list (like by category, alphabetically, or by how often the achievement is achieved) would be GREATLY appreciated.

- Would be nice if custom voice packs could change the "session started", "session ended", or even the "volume test" sound files.

- Some achievements are missing descriptions. And some descriptions are not very specific. Like Knife_Fight. Sometimes, I am more willing to disable an achievement if I don't know what exactly triggers it than to guess.

- Quick Edit: When I want to test how some achievements chain with each other, it can be very difficult to quickly click preview for each achievement to check. I know this can be solved by the modder by just manually chaining them in one file or something like that but a function to queue several achievement previews would be appreciated.

Now that as a modder I can edit the new dynamic sounds feature I feel I have TONS more options and control over my voice packs. I love this change. With this, been able to change the background of the call outs, and (eventually) been able to create and edit our own achievements, makes me feel like the sky is the limit. Specially when compared to how it used to be previous to beta 10. I will post a new thread if I have any more feedback.

Edit2: grammar
    Last edited by Killah; 02-25-2015 at 07:37 PM.