Hybrid View

I've tinkered a little bit with the new functionality. Looks good so far. One thing I'd like to be able to do is have the dynamic sounds avoid playing the same sound twice in a row.

Other than that, a few comments on various achievements:

Does NICE THINGS have a planned trigger condition that will be implemented in the future?

Why is there no kill streak achievement for 15 kills? It seems strange to go 5-10-20-25-30...

It looks like PISTOL WHIPPED, RUN AND HANGUN, and SIDEARM SLAYER are 4/8/12 kills with sidearms, is that correct?

Any chance on adding custom achievements to voice packs in the future? For example, I have a voice line that says "That grav tank just tried to run you down!" - could I make it play after being crushed by a magrider?

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINO_Mk.II View Post
    I've tinkered a little bit with the new functionality. Looks good so far. One thing I'd like to be able to do is have the dynamic sounds avoid playing the same sound twice in a row.

Other than that, a few comments on various achievements:

Does NICE THINGS have a planned trigger condition that will be implemented in the future?

Why is there no kill streak achievement for 15 kills? It seems strange to go 5-10-20-25-30...

It looks like PISTOL WHIPPED, RUN AND HANGUN, and SIDEARM SLAYER are 4/8/12 kills with sidearms, is that correct?

Any chance on adding custom achievements to voice packs in the future? For example, I have a voice line that says "That grav tank just tried to run you down!" - could I make it play after being crushed by a magrider?

Dynamic Sounds: I'd rather open up scripting options like the achievement component uses itself for default data. Remembering the last sound played would be done there. We're still debating how we want to go about that. (Related to last question)

NICE THINGS: It's always going to sit there, a shadow of its former self. Until Fist implements it that is. IT HAS NOW BEEN DELEGATED.

15 Kills: It's for class specific kill streaks. Unfortunately that's only MAXes right now. The other classes will be implemented when we launch Beta 10 during SOE Live 2014. Wait - Crap.

PISTOLS: Yes, we're also debating 3/6/9. We didn't want it conflicting with COMMISSIONER though.

Achievement PAKs: There's a very good change for that. (Related to first question)

This seems to be the thread for modder feedback on the new version.

I like dynamic sounds, but can the modder have control to the frequency with how often a sound plays within it? From what I can tell now, each sound file in the dynamic sound category has an equal chance of playing. I want to be able to weight each one to have some occur more frequently than others, either through a percentage setting or with weighted values. Eg, if I have 3 dynamic sounds, I could manually set them so sound 1 occurs 50% of the time, sound 2 40% of the time, and sound 3 10% of the time.

Just a guess, but maybe you can just add the sound clip more than once?! So if sound A should be played 50% of time than add it 5 times, sound B 3 times and sound C 2 times for example.