use multiple voicepacks at the same time + ReplayGain

Actually I wanted to make a little tool to easily merge voicepacks I like, but if I understand correctly the dynamic sound feature was not available when the "xml + folder with soundfiles" format was used? Now a binary format is used.

So now I was thinking it might be a nice feature to be able to load multiple voicepacks at the same time, randomly selecting sounds from each for each achievement.

Or if you could provide me with a description of the binary format.. though this can be much harder to get right

Another nice feature might be to add someting like ReplayGain, it is like normalizing soundvolume to its precieved loudness. A tool and sourcecode are available for .ogg files: http://sjeng.org/vorbisgain.html, afaik it adds a replaygain tag to the soundfile, which I think is an offset in dB or amplitude, which your player can then use to set the volume during playback. Meaning that the file is never reencoded and there is no quality loss.
    As I switch voicepacks often, I notice there are significant differences in volume, when using multiple voicepacks at the same time, it could be a handy feature. Even without using multiple voicepacks it would be nice to support replaygain, and tell the voicepack makers they dont have to worry about it anymore.
    Foobar2000 supports replaygain, I've been using it for years and quite like it.

As this is my first post on this forum I would like to add that I've been a happy long time user of the recursion stat tracker, it add a lot to my enjoyment of the game. Without it, the kills feel just not as satisfying...

EDIT: oh I also noticed that my default voicepack is probably not updated when the client is updated, I've noticed this because I used the office voicepack first, then loaded the default voicepack I have (dont know from wich version it originally was), then published the default voice pack and opened it with a texteditor. I noticed there where references too .ogg files from the office. So I'm guessing the default voicepack is not updated to include the new achievements that where added recently.
    Last edited by Frydac; 06-23-2015 at 01:21 AM.

Stat Tracker Development Team
    Recursion Member
    I can see about providing the structure of the binary file.

If you wanted to make a tool to do cooler things with voicepacks it might be neat to make it a plugin. Very limited documentation on it can be found here https://recursion.tk/content.php?130-Plugin-Development
    Are you familiar with C# / .NET?

Oh, didn't think about plugins. I'll have a look to see if it is feasible for me.

Coincidental I wanted to make this tool to get some more experience with C#/.NET, been reading up on it the last few weeks. (I have a year of professional (unmanaged) C++ experience, in between jobs now)